CEO and Founder of KAA
Cyndy Muchine is the CEO and Founder of Kenya Autism Alliance. She is a published poet with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Life, after her son was diagnosed with Autism was very cloudy. She imagined how blessed she was to have accessible resources compared to her fellow parents in Kenya. Reaching out and offering support, training, and resources to parents of children on the spectrum became her mission. Kenya Autism Alliance was then established in December 2011.
Every year she participates in Autism walks and attends workshops, trainings, and seminars offered by various organizations. So far, Kenya Autism Alliance has become a great spring board of resources, training, support, and encouragement for all the parents she has encountered in Kenya and North America.
When a child is diagnosed with Autism, their hopes and dreams undergo major revision. Kenya Autism Alliance is striving to ensure that:
- Awareness, Acceptance and Inclusion is a constant
- Change/Improvement in Assessments/Screening helps improve data-gathering and screening
- Provision of Early Childhood Intervention
- Training is made available
- Availability, accessibility & affordability of quality schools
- Parents have access to quality therapists, doctors, and support groups
- There are equal learning opportunities
- Increase in vocational training for non-academics
- Increased government participation as far as tax breaks are concerned
- Demystify community attitudes, cultural beliefs
Amunga EshuchiCommunications Director
Sharon EshuchiProgram Director
Kim Kirksey, MSWFamily & Children’s Services, Clinical Community Program Development
Talk to Our Team
If you would like to speak with a member of our team, feel free to contact us today.